Happy Birthday to the first rapid transit subway (the IRT in NYC 1904), Silvia Plath (1932), Philadelphia, and Teddy Roosevelt (1858). It’s also the date of the first Federalist Paper, the speech that launched Ronald Reagan’s political career, and when, after too many margaritas, the United States annexed West Florida. Nevertheless, on to the reads!
- Restaurant openings soar after wage hike (Puget Sound Business Journal)
- Why Self-Driving Cars Must Be Programmed to Kill (MIT Technology Review)
- Why too much choice is stressing us out (The Guardian)
- Most Earth-like planets have yet to be born, study suggests (Washington Post)
- For presidential hopefuls, simpler language resonates (Boston Globe)
- 5 Islands That Are Super Easy to Move To (Islands)
- Proctor Creek, what it is, and what it could be (CL)