So completes yet another year of my Morning Reads–each one elevated every reader to a new level of greatness by coming into contact with me. You’re welcome.
“Thirteen” by Big Star. The older I get the more I appreciate #1 Record. Even though so much is about being an adolescent, you realize how frivolous and serious it was to be young.
- For too long the Lust List has been inaccurate. Namely that I haven’t been included. Be on the right side of history and change that.
- Be careful with how you recycle in Atlanta.
- No, Joe Gebbia, monorails are not a good vision.
- Poor People in the Deep South are On their Own.
- “In Georgia, the state with the sharpest decline, only seven percent of poor families with children in the state receive welfare, compared with 98 percent in 1994.”
- South Carolina realizing the high price tag of doing the right thing by deemphasizing the Confederacy. What could this mean for Georgia as we crawl into the 21st century?
- How states, including Georgia, with growing numbers of Hispanics are doing all they can to prevent the new majority from taking over.
- Southern Comfort won’t die!
- Seriously, if Atlanta can’t support a place like SoCo, we’re no longer a Southern town.
- Charis bookstore, a favorite haunt of PP regulars, selling its L5P home.
- The world’s largest sale of humans took place in Savannah–but you’d never know it.
- In light of our recent wacky weather, get detailed info from 100 weather monitoring stations throughout our great state here.