We were Pye-less tonight as Jason was unavailable. But with two former politicians, the opinions were still coming strong. Here’s what we talked about:
- David Perdue held a campaign event and a prominent State Senator flipped to Team Perdue.
- Polling and fundraising in the GOP side of the Governor’s race favors Brian Kemp thusfar.
- Rumors abound that Vernon Jones will stop running for Governor and will instead join the crowded field in the 10th Congressional race.
- Long time GOP Representative Matt Dollar resigns to take a new job.
- School choice bill HB 60 passed out of the House Education Committee and there were some memorable moments in the debate. Also, a fringe political actor attempts to hijack the bill for his own purposes.
- Electric vehicle maker Rivian recently announced a $5B manufacturing plant in Georgia, but current law prohibits them from selling cars in Georgia. Will the Legislature fix that problem?
- Why are so many football fans in Georgia rooting for the LA Rams in the Super Bowl?